jeudi 13 août 2009

First acrylics...

While my 4 yo son is sitting idly in the couch watching Ratatouille, and my 18 mo sits on the potty, I want to tell you about the experience I had last night.

I've been willing to try acrylics for months now, but first I wanted to complete a decent number of canvas for the exhibition.

Yesterday then, I headed to the store and bought my first acrylic starter kit: basis colors, a few brushes, and canvas (little ones, just the web on a cardboard).

Then, as soon as the kids were asleep, I rushed to try it...and wow it was amazing!

See, I only worked with oil till now, and I didn't want to listen to other's notices too much. So when I started, I pretty much didn't know what to expect (except that it dries really fast).

First, it does not smell like oil at all! Just a light, discreet scent. And the colors, wow, are much brighter! It dries indeed very fast, but it's good because that was pretty annoying for me, who got very little time when it comes to painting.

I heard several people saying that they were mixing both acrylic and oil, but from now on I'll stick to acrylic just to get used to it.

Here's what it looks like...

Gotta work on it, but I see lots of possibilities from there!

I'm planning on working on this kind of canvas plus acrylic for a while, mainly because I want a starting stuff for my printing project.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

J'apprécie chaque commentaire, merci!